dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April 29 VH
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're a 1-PC family, and my wife likes to do her Ebay stuff etc. on an 800 by 600 screen. (I could change screensize, and I could set up personal preferences for us both, etc., but I can't be bothered. COmputer lovers won't empathise, but you can get fed up with them, as I have after using them off & on for about 45 years.) I agree with Nataraj that Firefox always handles it properly, whereas IE doesn't display a wide grid neatly. Moral: change screensize and/or change from IE to Firefox.
nataraj

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the introduction of digital (DVB-T) television, we dumped our old TV box and bought a nice 22'' flat screen monitor (PC monitor, not TV) for a third of what the TV cost for approx. the same viewing area. Watching TV on the PC screen now, with the added benefit of having a 1600x900 resolution for word, excel, photoshop, etc. on my wife's PC.

Myself, I've been using a very small notebook (12" screen) with 1024x768 resolution for years. Not to sound arrogant, but 800x600 is soooooooo ninties ... Very Happy
Victor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
800x600 is soooooooo ninties ..
, says Nataraj. Yeah, yeah, guess that's true. But my wife liked the 90s, and who am I to argue?
(+ we use an old monitor, & until it dies we won't buy another).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: