dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

16x16 monster printable version bug?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: 16x16 monster printable version bug?!?! Reply with quote

I just "finished" the inaugural 16x16 monster, which I printed off a few hours ago. I spent rather a long time working on it, only to end up in a situation where I had four cells left and two different ways for them to be filled in. I came back to the site to see if there was, by some wild chance, something wrong with the puzzle, rather than with my solution, and was rather surprised to see a large number of zeroes entered in the initial puzzle -- the version I had printed off had none! I checked the printable version, just now, and discovered that, indeed, the .pdf version for printing has no zeroes in it!

No wonder it took me so long!

Russell
samgj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 16x16 monster printable version bug?!?! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I just "finished" the inaugural 16x16 monster, which I printed off a few hours ago. I spent rather a long time working on it, only to end up in a situation where I had four cells left and two different ways for them to be filled in. I came back to the site to see if there was, by some wild chance, something wrong with the puzzle, rather than with my solution, and was rather surprised to see a large number of zeroes entered in the initial puzzle -- the version I had printed off had none! I checked the printable version, just now, and discovered that, indeed, the .pdf version for printing has no zeroes in it!

Hi Russell

Sorry -- my fault. I fixed this this morning when I noticed the problem, but not before 6.56am! Dumb bug in the printable page pdf drawer, where 0 = undef Sad The zeros made the puzzle easy -- without them it didn't quite live up to billing.

Bug squashed now though, so it shouldn't happen again.

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't losing my mind -- went back a few hours later and saw some (suspiciously "O" looking) zeroes in the printable and wondered if I had hallucinated the entire episode.

I do have to admit that I had a moment's paranoia, though, when I noticed that today's 12x12 had no As in it.

thanks,
Russell
madcitydan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Nov. 28th Monster Reply with quote

I came up with an alternative solution. May need to check the generating program...

5A23 4B67 C198
9B47 821C 36A5
C168 A935 B247

28B9 C451 637A
65C4 BA73 2981
137A 9826 54CB

875B 3192 4A6C
4C92 67BA 1853
A631 5C48 7B29

B986 15C4 A732
32A5 768B 9C14
741C 23A9 85B6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: