dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sudoku Books that Require Advanced Moves?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dongrave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Sudoku Books that Require Advanced Moves? Reply with quote

Does anyone out there know of any Sudoku books that require x wings, xy wings, xyz wings, etc.? I just saw two books in a local bookstore by Shortz called 'ferocious sudoku' and 'terrifying sudoku' but when I looked on the internet, the reviews said that neither of them require any advanced moves. I found a couple that do a while ago (i.e. two volumes of 'absolutely nasty' by Longo) but I'd like to pick up a few more. Thanks in advance, Don.
Marty R.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, I've had a few books, all of which overestimate the degree of difficulty. My current book, from which I haven't done a puzzle in quite some time, is "absolutely Nasty Sudoku", Level 4. by Frank Longo. Like the others, this also doesn't live up to the hype.

Here's an excerpt from the introduction: "by Level 4 you can expect not only the most advanced techniques, but puzzles that require multiple advanced techniques in each puzzle." As I recall, these are OK to kill some time between other puzzles but I don't recall multiple advanced moves needed.
dongrave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Marty! I've had the same luck. I bought books that rate their puzzles as 'extremely hard', 'diabolical', 'mind-boggling', etc. and none of them require anything more than basics. ugh. Thanks, Don.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Other puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: