dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New monster player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: New monster player Reply with quote

Greetings
I just tried todays monster because I felt that I was good enough to do one after doing quite well on the 9X9's. What a shock, I couldn't even get started after a few gimmies. Are there different techniques or any tips available on the play of these "monsters"?
David Bryant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Same techniques will work Reply with quote

Hi, Hawkeye! Welcome to the forum.

I moved your post from the "Test" section to this "Monster" section, where it may attract more interest.

I have worked quite a few of the "Monster" puzzles. I found that the same set of technques applicable to the "Classic" puzzles are enough to solve the "Monsters". The biggest difference I noticed is that fairly simple moves can be very hard to spot, because there are so many cells to scan.

I'd suggest you try the 12 x 12 puzzles before tackling the bigger ones. dcb
Phran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye,
I'm new to monster too. The very hard squigglies got too easy. As suggested, the easy monster was a good place to start, but after just one I needed something more. The medium is keeping me busy for now, while my brain is in training. My experience is the same as suggested; the sheer volume of things to watch for makes the patterns more difficult to see. Practice, practice! and Good Luck Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: