dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oct 1 - Site not working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brydenrh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Oct 1 - Site not working? Reply with quote

Oct 1 puzzle appears to not be loading up. The Today page does but the puzzle only shows up as a picture icon placeholder, and it does not say what the difficulty level is. When you click on the 'Play online' button I get an error message pop-up.

Also in the archive, it only lists up to Sept 29, even though the Sept 30 puzzle loaded up normally yesterday.

Anybody else having this problem? I think something like this happened last year and then it resolved itself some weeks later didn't it?
dongrave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem Bry - and I'm sure a lot of others (if not everyone) does too. Weird, I noticed if you click on 'September' in the top right-hand corner of the Archive screen, the Sep 30th puzzle magically appears (at least for me) and I was able to load it and print it out. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon.
arbiggins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been busted for several days. I can access the Sep 30 puzzle too but cannot access Oct 1 or Oct 2 puzzles.

I've had to key in puzzles from a book that I have so that I can get my daily 'fix'.

One would imagine that they know about it but it's been quite a while and may be that they are not aware that their site is broken.

I'll send them an email.
lg161

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: No puzzle second day Reply with quote

Can someone tell me how to get my puzzle again? I get the site but no puzzle loads. Thank you.
Marty R.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and contact Sam (the site's owner) if the problem continues another day or two, but he's hard to reach.
hughwill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Working now Reply with quote

It's come back. And it's a VH to boot.
Code:

+-------+-------+-------+
| . . . | . . . | 4 2 . |
| 9 . 7 | . . . | . . 5 |
| 8 . 4 | . 2 5 | 9 1 . |
| . . . | . 5 . | . . 2 |
| . 3 . | 8 . 9 | . 5 . |
| 6 . . | . 4 . | . . . |
| . 8 9 | 1 6 . | 5 . 4 |
| 3 . . | . . . | 1 . 8 |
| . 5 1 | . . . | . . . |

Play this puzzle online at the Daily Sudoku site

Hugh
brydenrh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 1 - Site not working? Reply with quote

brydenrh wrote:
Oct 1 puzzle appears to not be loading up. The Today page does but the puzzle only shows up as a picture icon placeholder, and it does not say what the difficulty level is. When you click on the 'Play online' button I get an error message pop-up.

Also in the archive, it only lists up to Sept 29, even though the Sept 30 puzzle loaded up normally yesterday.

Anybody else having this problem? I think something like this happened last year and then it resolved itself some weeks later didn't it?

Looks like the trouble is back again. Same as before. I wonder if it happens as the month ends and a new one starts or if it is just a coincidence.

By the way, thanks a lot for the person or people who fixed it last time!
hughwill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Oct 1 - Site not working? Reply with quote

Looks to me as if there's some problem of the site not recognising that
it's in a new month. In the archive section there's no Oct 31st, but it's listing
all the puzzles from October rather than November as it usually does after the
change of month. Frustrating, but it usually comes back......
sheryn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commonly see this on the first of a month. Usually it comes right on the 2nd, but lately its been taking a bit longer.

I think it may also be time zone related, as we are GMT+13 and its still showing no puzzle. Will probably be right tomorrow if others are seeing it already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: