dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MON 9TH JAN -MONSTER VERY HARD -TRULY HARD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: MON 9TH JAN -MONSTER VERY HARD -TRULY HARD Reply with quote

3--7 |C--B|--21
5C2B|17-8|--A6
4--- |-5-2|7CB-

C7B4|2--9|-1-A
13A9|5-7C|--7B
6285|-B1A|---7

2---|--C-|-B8-
B4--|69-3|-A75
9-7-|B--1|6--3

89-1|-2A-|B6-C
76--|8-B4|A--2
AB-2|---6|-7--

I got this far..plz can any one help..really feel bugged down after coming so far.

Thanks
David Bryant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Here's a hint Reply with quote

Hi, addicted!

Amazingly, I got bogged down at exactly the same point in this puzzle. Here's the key.

First I should point out that there's a small error in the position you've shown -- r5c11 should be a "6", not a "7" as you've coded it (the "6" was one of the original clues in this puzzle, so I'm sure your finger just slipped when you keyed it in). Smile

To place another number you need to examine the bottom center 3x4 box (I guess that's box 11). There's a "hidden pair" {1, C} in r11c6 & r12c6. You can also see this by spotting the quadruplet {3, 5, 7, 9} in r10c5, r10c8, r12c5, & r12c7.

Once you've identified this pair it's fairly clear that r5c6 = 3 (unique in column). And from there I'm sure you can make good progress. dcb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks David,

it was a great hint..everything fell into place so fast after that...

thnx..it was indeed a typo mistake...for that 6..
Very Happy
Charles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David: I am seeing R5C6 equal to 8 not 3. There is a 3 above at R4C6. What is interesting is that the guest said your tip was great and he was OK from there. Strange? I enjoy reading and learning from your posts, thanks, Charles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: