dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submitting "Code"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlanglet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Submitting "Code" Reply with quote

Two questions:

1) I have checked the "automatically log in" box but I still have to manually log in each time I want to post a message. I saw where others were having this problem, but did not really see a definitive response. ???

2) When I am posting a new puzzle I have copied from Simple Sudoku, I do not get additional spacing within the rows that I observe in postings entered by others. Do I have to manually insert additional spaces or is there a "trick" to make this happen using the "Code" command?

Thanks ....

Ted
Marty R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I can't figure out the log in thing. It's not consistent. Sometimes I'm logged in and when I click to reply I have to log in. For a few days I wasn't logged in when I arrived at the site, but checking that box you mentioned fixed that, at least for the time being.

2) Not sure I understand. Exactly how are you getting that puzzle onto a post?
keith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I have had the login problem for a long time. First, I thought it was because I am an administrator. Then, I thought it was because I was using Firefox, not IE.

It is now particularly bad. If I am logged in to the discussion groups, and go to the home page (with the daily puzzle), I have to log in again when I return to the discussion.

2) I do not know. Code tags only apply a constant xx font, and disable all other formatting. I do not know "Simple Sudoku", but you should look for some kind of "export" function. Sudoku Susser allows you to write a text file, which you can then copy & paste in the forums.

Best wishes,

Keith
keith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted,

In SS: Edit > Copy

In your message: Click "Code", paste Ctrl+V, "Code" again.

You will get:
Code:
 |.4.|6..|...|
 |..5|..3|21.|
 |...|.97|...|
 |---+---+---|
 |1.6|...|..9|
 |7.4|3.9|6.2|
 |2..|...|1.5|
 |---+---+---|
 |...|14.|...|
 |.19|7..|3..|
 |...|..6|.2.|

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
 | 389     4       12378   | 6       1258    1258    | 5789    35789   378     |
 | 689     6789    5       | 48      8       3       | 2       1       4678    |
 | 368     2368    1238    | 2458    9       7       | 458     34568   3468    |
 |-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------|
 | 1       358     6       | 2458    2578    2458    | 478     3478    9       |
 | 7       58      4       | 3       158     9       | 6       8       2       |
 | 2       389     38      | 48      678     48      | 1       3478    5       |
 |-------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------|
 | 3568    235678  2378    | 1       4       258     | 5789    56789   678     |
 | 4568    1       9       | 7       258     258     | 3       4568    468     |
 | 3458    3578    378     | 589     358     6       | 45789   2       1478    |
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Problem solved?

If you want additional spaces, you have to manually edit the above.

Keith
Marty R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I am logged in to the discussion groups, and go to the home page (with the daily puzzle), I have to log in again when I return to the discussion.

That's been consistent with me. I'd just go to the home page via a new tab and get back to the forum by xx back to the original tab. Or if on the home page and I want to go to the forum I just use my forum bookmark; that's a little easier than logging in.
tlanglet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith wrote:

If you want additional spaces, you have to manually edit the above.

Keith

Thanks everyone for the timely responses.
1. Logging In is not a big deal ......

2. I have been pasting the code in from Simple Sudoku ( and will try Susser), but it is more compacted in the row than the code provided by others. As suggested, I will manually enter spaces in the future.

Ted
Marty R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. I have been pasting the code in from Simple Sudoku ( and will try Susser), but it is more compacted in the row than the code provided by others. As suggested, I will manually enter spaces in the future.

Ted,

Alternatively, you could type the clues into Draw/Play and easily get a nicely aligned grid that way. I don't know how much effort that might be compared to manually entering spaces. That also has advantages to the reader who can print the puzzle or play it online.
tlanglet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty R. wrote:
Quote:

Ted,

Alternatively, you could type the clues into Draw/Play and easily get a nicely aligned grid that way. I don't know how much effort that might be compared to manually entering spaces. That also has advantages to the reader who can print the puzzle or play it online.

Why is it that the most obvious answer is always the last one or the one that I should have already known?

I thank you again ......

Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Site help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: