dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11/11 NVH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kragzy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: 11/11 NVH Reply with quote

The puzzle fell out without any VH techniques. Thought I'd made a mistake jagging it so easily so did it again. Even easier the second time.

There are only three possibilities:
> the puzzle is wrongly graded
> I've been lucky twice
> I've suddenly turned into a super human genius.

Since the first two are most unlikely, only modesty forbids me to claim the third. Very Happy Embarassed
daj95376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is November 10th, 3:12 pm here, I'll take your word for it because I don't want to transcribe the puzzle from a .pdf file to check your results.
Ingies

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: I thought so too Reply with quote

was no harder then an easy hard I thought.
sdq_pete

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too needed no advanced techniques - relieved to see others found the same.

Peter
arkietech

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing advanced not even a triple, Sad
cgordon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame! I was hoping everyone else had resorted to the big-gun techniques. I was even going to compare myself to Rambo 1 when he just used his raw skills.
kragzy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to Rambo 1 from Super Human Genius: I'll back you if you back me - I'm sure we are the only ones to solve this VH as if it were an "easy"!! Now, where are my new clothes? Funny, I can't see them anywhere.
sudocraz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I are not yet in the 'expert sudoku' class. Rolling Eyes We will try this puzzle out later. Will get back to you tomorrow to let you know if it is really a very hard or just a hard. Very Happy
storm_norm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think there is a technique that the generator doesn't check for when publishing the degree of difficulty. it must not be seeing a box/line interaction somewhere. in other words, maybe the generator isn't seeing all the basic moves.

kind of like shopping. you have your mind set on getting certain things, but one item wasn't visible to your eye. so instead of buying it, you forget. you complete your shopping but forgetting that one item made another decision in your week a little more difficult (that xy-wing which wouldn't have been there if you removed that 4.)

kind of funny in a sense because maybe, just maybe the xy-wing stood out like a sore thumb and the basic move didn't.

Last edited by storm_norm on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
storm_norm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sudocraz wrote:
My husband and I are not yet in the 'expert sudoku' class. Rolling Eyes We will try this puzzle out later. Will get back to you tomorrow to let you know if it is really a very hard or just a hard. Very Happy

I love it Exclamation Exclamation
this exempts either one of you from 100 percent of the blame.

edit.
would it make either of you laugh if some posters in these forums have admitted that their better half isn't in favor of them participating? I assume its the time factor.
sudocraz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norm

I guess that we are different. My husband and I are addicted to sudokus. We like to do them after dinner while watching TV.

Being a man, he wouldn't agree, but I think that we are both at the same level of expertise in solving these puzzles. One of the differences between us, is that when he gets stuck, he just guesses and solves the puzzle. Rolling Eyes I don't find guessing satisfying. I want to solve sudokus by logic. I am the one who finds out, or tries to find ou,t the more advanced methods and pass them onto him. Razz

Yesterday's Sudoku was easy enough for both of us. Not at all like the usual Very Hard. Just the basics solved it. Maybe today's Hard will be harder.

Regards
cgordon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the differences between us, is that when he gets stuck, he just guesses and solves the puzzle. I am the one who finds out, or tries to find out the more advanced methods and pass them onto him.

I'm sorry to be so blunt - but how can you live with a man who just guesses at Sudokus.
sudocraz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CGordon

How can I live with a man who will guess at a Sudoku? I suppose the reason is that I think that he is cute. Very Happy

Regards
nataraj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great answer, Sheila!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: