dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Colorful Excel Solver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Solving techniques, and terminology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mannyoh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: A Colorful Excel Solver Reply with quote

Hi, Forum members/readers ...

I'm the 80 year old man who was first [and about only] in contact with the forum in last October ...

As I said then, Several years ago had just learned about Sudoku and shortly started working on "my own" Excel solver ...

For some reason I had stopped, then just last year I started trying again ...

After joining the forum, I was led to several who tried being helpful to this "Old Newbie"l, but in truth they [politely] sort of discouraged me ...

The "non-Excel" techniques I was told about were "well above my pay grade" capabilities, though I tried leaning them ...

I was told by several in the forum that an Excel solution was not too mathematically challenging Sad ...

However, one member was willing to work with me, though his solvers were very technical; his patience helped me enhance my solver -- and my pleasure! ...

Now I've combined my "improved" and VERY GRAPHICAL [AND COLORFUL] Excel model with the techniques I have learned from him ...

It's been great and fun, and NOW I think others might be interested in trying it; I really would appreciate any [constructive] critiques and comments ...

Hopefully, I'll be able to attach the Excel file, and I'm looking forward in advance to thank any/all of you for replying ...

Sincerely,

Manny [mannyoh]
alanr555

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year (2014!) Manny shared that he has had some success in creating
a colourful Excel solver and was hopeful to be able to attach it to his post.

It would appear that he was UN-successful in the latter respect but it
is sad that he received exactly ZERO replies.

Initiatives like his deserve encouragement.
Is there a way that we can "road-test" his creation?

Alan
EX39 2BA
NineByNIne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: That Excel Sudoku solver Reply with quote

I'd be interested in trying out that excel solver . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Solving techniques, and terminology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: